At the Y, healthy living is at our core. Healthy is about more than just fitness- it's about balance. Balance in all aspects of your life. Our programs are here to help you achieve balance and feel good. From personal training to group fitness and youth sports, we've got something for everyone to make small or large steps towards a healthier lifestyle. Find what you're looking for at the Y.
Tips for Families to Make a Play Date
Including more physical activity into your family’s day doesn’t have to require money or resources. It’s as simple as making a play date, with two key requirements – be active and have fun! Here are five things families can do to incorporate more active play in their day:
- Schedule a Game Night: Play games with the kids that incorporate physical activity, such as Charades.
- Dance, Dance: Turn on your favorite party music and dance! Make this activity more fun with a dance contest.
- Go Riding: Find a new bike path or park for a fun afternoon outdoors; grab your helmets and go rollerblading or bike riding.
- Channel Your Inner Youth: Remember playing hopscotch, jump rope, Simon Says or freeze tag as a kid? Teach your favorite childhood game to your kid(s) and play them together.
- Play Outside: Visit your neighborhood park or camp out in your backyard for some outdoor fun. Get everyone moving with fun sports like soccer, basketball or baseball.
- Plan A day At the Pool with our Family Pool Parties!