Staying safe Together
Our top priority has always been and always will be the health and safety of our members and staff. As we previously shared, we have worked closely with the Coastal Health District to create a YMCA Phased Re-Opening Plan and to implement guidelines to safely re-open.
what the Y is Doing
As our facilities re-open, we will be taking all necessary steps to ensure the safety of our members and staff. This means things will look and feel a little different. When you come back to the Y, this is what you can expect:
- Our staff will be working to help monitor and make sure members are maintaining social distance. Please help them by doing your part to stay six feet apart from your fellow members and by not congregating in common areas.
- Staff will continually disinfect and sanitize equipment and common areas during our hours of operation.
- The Y will close for a thirty-minute period in the middle of the day to allow staff to thoroughly disinfect the equipment and common spaces in the middle of the day.
- At the end of each day, a full, top to bottom cleaning and disinfecting process will take place in the facility, ensuring the facility and the equipment is ready for opening the next morning.
How We're Asking members to help maintain safety
The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits:
- Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
- Be Ready for Temperature Checks: All members will have their temperature taken prior to check in. We will also ask you a few health screening questions when you enter the center.
- Keep the Kids at Home: We are unable to provide Childwatch or Child Care services at this time and recommend you not bring children and other family members with you as common area seating will be extremely limited.
- Bring a Towel, a Mask and a Water Bottle: Members will be asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel (towel services will not be provided). The Y also requests that members bring a mask and wear it whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present.
- Keep Your Distance: Please exercise on designated equipment only and respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. with the provided cleaning materials before and after each use.
- Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, our wellness areas and group exercise spaces will have a limited capacity. At times of full capacity you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
When you visit one of our Pools
- Lap swim will be available with one swimmer per lane
- Class size for water aerobics may be limited at some branches
- Pool attendance will have a limited capacity to ensure adequate distance between members
help us all stay safe
All members will have their temperature taken prior to check in, and staff will also receive daily temperature checks.
Wash Your Hands
Wash or sanitize your hands before AND after working out.
Keep Your Distance
Respect all signs regarding social distancing. Stay at least six feet away from others wherever possible.
Wipe Down Equipment
Wipe down all equipment, weights, mats, etc. with the provided cleaning materials IMMEDIATELY BEFORE & AFTER USE.
Wear Your Mask
While not required, the Y requests that members wear their masks whenever possible, especially in common areas.
Stay Home If You Are Sick
Stay home if you don’t feel well or if you pose a risk to others. CDC and state guidelines encourage seniors and other vulnerable populations to stay home.
Keep The Kids At Home
Child watch is closed. Please use an alternate child care arrangement when you work out with us at this time.