2020 summer day camp
Summer is here, and we know our children and their parents are eager to get outside and enjoy their best summer ever after a really challenging spring. The Statesboro Family YMCA will be offering Summer Day Camp for kids aged 5 years old – 12 years old. Registration is now open, Spaces are Limited!!!
Day Camps at the YMCA run on a weekly basis, Monday through Friday. You can pick and choose which weeks you would like to attend; you can come just one week or the whole summer! Camp is from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm daily, with drop off starting at 7:00 am and pick-up ending at 6:00 pm.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR SUMMER DAY CAMP:
2020 Summer Camp Weeks & Themes
- Week 1: June 1-5 – Myths and Legends
- Week 2: June 8-12 - Color Run
- Week 3: June 15-19 - Marvel Madness
- Week 4: June 22-26 - Random Acts of Kindness
- Week 5: June 29-July 3 - Animal Planet
- Week 6: July 6-10 - Holiday Craze
- Week 7: July 13-17 – Wild, Wild West
- Week 8: July 20-24 - Under the Big Top
- PLEASE NOTE: FIELD TRIPS WILL NOT BE OFFERED THIS YEAR!!! (CDC Guidelines)
COST & FEES
- Due Date: Weekly fee is due on the Friday before the week of camp.
- Late Fee: If paid after Friday before the week of camp there is a $20 late fee.
- PLEASE NOTE: There is no daily camp rate, camp can only be paid for by the week!
- PLEASE NOTE: Financial Assistance is available for families who have a financial need. Parents must complete a Financial Assistance Application which can be obtained from the YMCA!
SUMMER DAY CAMP SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
We’ve modified our camp plans to ensure a safe and fun experience for every child. Here is a little of what you can expect:
- Parents will have curb side drop-off and pick up; Parents will sign campers in and out on a tablet
- Children temperatures will be taken & logged before parents leave; temps must be below 100.4
- Parents will verbally respond to Wellness Questionnaire during drop off
- Campers will be given hand sanitizer before entry and escorted into their classrooms
- YMCA Staff are required to wear PPE face masks, kids face masks are optional.
- Multiple hand washing opportunities will be available; hand sanitizer will be in every room
- Kids must bring a reusable water bottle, hats & sunscreen (water fountain cannot be used, water coolers will be available in each room)
- We will have small counselor to camper ratio.
2020 Summer Day Camp Parent Handbook
2020 Summer Day Camp Registration Waiver (must be signed and returned before the first day of camp)