IMPORTANT CHATHAM COUNTY FACE COVERING UPDATE:
Chatham County Board of Commission Chairman, Al Scott has issued a state of emergency mandating face masks. Beginning at 12:01 am on August 1, 2020, face coverings will be required in facilities in Chatham County.
Here's what that means at your Chatham, County YMCAs:
- A mask must be worn when entering the Y, during checking in or out at the Welcome Center or child watch and throughout the facility.
- Wearing a mask while exercising at the Y is not required, IF a mask will
aggrevate or cause a health condition.
- Per the executive order, children age 5 and younger in child watch, summer day camp and full-time childcare are not required to wear a face covering.
- Children over the age of 5 are required to wear a mask, while in the facility.
- As outlined by the mandate, masks are required indoors, masks are not
required at outdoor pools. Please maintain proper social distance at the pool.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
Welcome back to the Y! We’re excited to announce that we begun to reopen our facilities and reactivate key programs including group exercise and wellness programming.
Please be assured that your safety is our number one priority. We have put careful thought and planning into our reopening. We have followed guidance from the CDC, local health agencies and public officials to update our policies, practices and procedures to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and make appropriate accommodations for physical/social distancing so that every person who walks through our doors can stay safe and protected while getting back to what matters most: your health, your family and friends, and your community. Welcome back!
All of our YMCA Branches are open!
Please see branch pages for individual hours of operation
What should I bring?
We are STRONGLY encouraging our members to wear protective masks and gloves. Please bring these items with you when you come to the Y. Towel service will not be available. If you require a towel, please plan to bring one with you.
Which areas are currently closed?
At this time, all services are operational at our facilities, though many have limited capacity and additional safety guidelines in place for the health and security of our members and staff.
Now available, access to other areas within our YMCA facilities for member use. Please see the additional facility operations:
- Basketball Gym access will be available for shooting baskets only. No scrimmages, pick-up games or one-on-one games will be permitted at this time.
- Pickleball will resume, with limited schedules and number of players per session.
- Locker rooms will reopen with capacity requirements
- Personal Training will resume with proper social distancing
- Steam rooms, saunas and whirlpools are open with additional safety protocols in place and time limits.
Pending annual inspections from our local Health Departments, all indoor and outdoor pools are open:
What Members Can Expect: Safety Protocols for Members
As we welcome the community back to the Y, we want to assure you that safety remains our top priority. We have taken all necessary steps to ensure the safety of our members, program participants, volunteers and staff. This means things will look and feel a little different.
>>Click here to learn more about what you can expect when you visit a YMCA of Coastal Georgia Branch
Group Exercise Updates
We each have an important role in helping to ensure the health and safety of our Y community! To facilitate physical/social distancing between people in our exercise spaces and classrooms and ensure the highest standards for cleanliness, we have made a few changes. Child watch will resume on June 1st.
Summer Day Camp
Summer is here, and we know our Y day campers and parents are eager to get outside and enjoy their best summer ever after a really challenging spring. We’ve modified our camp plans to ensure a safe and fun experience for every child.
We miss our Y kids, and we know our Y families are eager to know what to expect when the kids return. Our childcare programs will resume on June 1st.
Aquatics Programs and Pool Information
Summer is here and we know many are anxious to jump into our pools or learn to swim! Pending annual inspections from our local Health Departments, all indoor and outdoor pools will are open. Swimming Lessons are set to resume in June!