Golden Isles Welcome Center Staff
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Part Time
Golden Isles YMCA
144 Scranton Connector
Brunswick, GA 31525
Are you outgoing, detail oriented and enthusiastic? Would you love to work in a place that makes a difference in our community? The Golden Isles YMCA is currently taking applications for a Welcome Center staff member. Welcome Center Staff members assist us in caring for our members, communicating YMCA programs, sharing the YMCA mission and greeting current and future members of our Y. This is a part-time position including weekends.
In addition, every position in the YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Inc is responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the four pillars of character - caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Inspect the facility to ensure program participant safety and service.
- Properly report any facility or equipment issues.
- Give tours to prospective members.
- Accurately register memberships for new and returning members including proper accounting of bank draft and or invoice memberships.
- Accurately report and record membership changes as required.
- Answer questions about all YMCA programs and activities by phone or in person.
- Receive money, write receipts for program fees and membership, and balance the deposit at the end of the designated shift.
- Provide security by verifying memberships of program participants entering the facility.
- Register participants for programs and make reservations for facilities as necessary.
- Open and/or secure building at the open/close of business as necessary.
- Assist in the overall retention and satisfaction of YMCA members through appropriate customer service.
- Assist in the annual fundraising program for the YMCA.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude with staff, parents, and children.
All YMCA of Coastal GA Welcome Center positions come with a free membership for the staff member and a reduced rate membership for their family.
Please email your resume to Carly Lawson
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sound working knowledge of customer service skills.
- Ability to work positively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to foster positive staff, peer and program participant relationships.
- Ability to provide accurate YMCA program information.
- Must possess excellent phone skills using multiple phone lines.
- Ability to operate Windows receipting software.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain authorization to work with children under the Georgia Department of Labor and YMCA guidelines