Category: Part Time
Islands Family YMCA
66 Johnny Mercer Blvd
Savannah, GA 31410
E-Camp Counselors are responsible for supervising children while conducting educational, cultural and recreational activities for children from grades K-8. Daily functions include leading a group of assigned children through a scheduled plan of activities, along with providing guidance and supervision of virtual learning while providing a safe, friendly and nurturing environment. In addition, every position in the YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Inc is responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the four pillars of character-caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
1. To supervise and interact appropriately with all children in the program according to prescribed YMCA standards.
2. To plan, implement and participate in all scheduled activities including, but not limited to sports, games, crafts, etc.
3. To complete all required documentation for the program.
4. To interact appropriately with all parents of program participants.
5. To help with housekeeping tasks as necessary.
6. Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude with staff, parents and children.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Foster positive staff, parent and child relations
2. Ability to supervise a group of children in a safe and friendly manner.
3. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain authorization to work with children under the Georgia Department of Labor and YMCA guidelines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School education and or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
1. CPR and First Aid required within 30 days of employment
2. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain authorization to work with children under the Georgia Department of Labor and YMCA guidelines.
To apply, please submit interest or resume to Mark Simons via email.