Summer Day Camp
2020 SUMMER DAY CAMP DETAILS:
Dates: June 1st- August 4th
**End date may vary by county depending on school start dates for the 2020-2021 school year
Hours of Operation are Monday-Friday, 7 am - 6 pm
Weekly Rates: $150 Members/$200 Non-Members
**Lunch is included for all campers!
*There is an initial one-time $45 non-refundable registration fee.
CAMP WILL LOOK A LITTLE DIFFERENT THIS YEAR
We are committed to the safety and well-being of all our campers and staff and will operate within the guidelines established by the CDC, American Camp Association, YUSA, and state and local health departments. The changes that we are making this summer reflect these guidelines. Some of these guidelines include:
- Health screenings and temperature checks for staff and campers
- Lower ratios and smaller groups
- Classroom like activities
- No Transportation or Field Trips per CDC guidelines until further notice
ENROLLMENT AND SPACE IS LIMITED
- Capacity and Space limitations have changed the number of campers we can safely accommodate at our YMCA branches this summer. When registration opens to the public, it will be on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Our branches are actively partnering with local churches and private schools to establish and open off-site day camp locations to help expand our capacity to serve. Once a local branch has reached its maximum enrollment capacity, parents will have the option to enroll in these off-site locations, as they become available.
CHARGED UP AND READY FOR FUN
Summer day camp will provide the opportunity for children to regain a sense of normalcy as well as support their physical, social and emotional well-being after being at home for a long period of time.
While this summer will look a bit different at the Y, children will still have the opportunity to make their summer active and fun through crafts, sports, indoor and outdoor games, new friends, and other fun ways to learn, grow and thrive.
We believe the benefits provided to our participants, and parents, are unequaled. Here are just a few reasons why!
- Continued learning while school is out with new and fun academic focused activities guided by educational specialists to curb summer learning loss
- Enhanced health, safety and social distancing procedures
- Participation in Y Camp Readers to encourage and support a love of reading
- Peace of mind while you are at work
- YMCA locations across Coastal Georgia will be offering Summer Camp.
- Families who have already registered will be contacted by the Day Camp Director at the registered branch for next steps and registration
- Registration for day camp opens to the public on May 20, 2020. Registration can be done on-line and in person at any of our branch locations.
To register your child for Summer Day Camp, please complete the online registration form here.
Download our updated Summer Day Camp FAQS for more information about this summers procedures.
Financial assistance is available, please download a Financial Assistance form. Financial Assistance forms should be submitted to the branch you are participating in Summer Day Camp at. All applications are reviewed individually at the branch.