LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is an evidence-based program that helps adult cancer survivors reclaim their health and well-being following a cancer diagnosis. Participating YMCAs create a welcoming community in which survivors can improve their strength and physical fitness, diminish the severity of therapy side effects, develop supportive relationships, and improve their quality of life. Since 2007, the LIVESTRONG Foundation has been the YMCA’s partner in developing and delivering LIVESTRONG at the YMCA.
DESCRIPTION AND GOALS
• Small group, supportive environment
• 12-week program with two 90-minute sessions per week
• Includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance, and flexibility exercises
• Held in YMCA “Wellness Centers”
• Evaluation includes Functional and Quality of Life assessments before and after participation
• Facilitated by YMCA-certified Instructors
Any adult 18 years old or older who is living with or beyond cancer treatment.
For more information, please contact Dede Roberts at 912.354.5480