Provides a quality environment for children that adheres to licensing guidelines, YMCA child care policies and procedures, and implements program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA values. Pryme Tyme Group Leaders are responsible for the leadership, guidance, support and supervision of children, 4-12 years of age, in the day-to-day operation of the Pryme Tyme Program. In addition, every position in the YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Inc is responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the four pillars of character- caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
1. Implements the after school curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Administers planned activities and assists in planning developmentally appropriate activities as needed.
3. Supervises the children in groups, activity times, outside time, and all other activities.
4. Systematically evaluates activities for their effectiveness and makes changes accordingly in an effort to present developmentally appropriate, relevant material to participants.
5. Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with parents. Engages parents during pick up and drop off.
6. Maintains program site and equipment.
7. Maintains required program records.
8. Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
9. Assists in the Annual Campaign responsibilities assigned to the Child Care Department.
Potential Candidates should contact Chrissy Miller by email.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and at least 18 Years of Age.
- Effective communication skills.
- Satisfactory Bright From the Start Fingerprint Letter.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of
- Fire Safety Training within the first 90 days of hire date.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships
with people from different backgrounds.