Liberty County/ Armed Services YMCA - Pryme Tyme Site Director
Job Type: Part Time
Category: YMCA Child Care
Liberty County/ Armed Services Branch
201 Mary Lou Drive
Hinesville, GA 31313
Oversees all operations of the YMCA Pryme Tyme after school site including management of Group Leaders, implementation of all licensing rules and regulations, and the coordination of after school curriculum. Provides a quality environment for children that adheres to licensing guidelines, YMCA child care policies and procedures, and implements program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Provides oversight for all operations of the after school site including enrollment, supervision, payroll, staffing, and parent communication.
- Implements the after school curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Administers planned activities and assists in planning developmentally appropriate activities as needed.
- Directly supervises Group Leaders to ensure proper supervision of the participants in accordance with BFTS rules and regulations and YMCA policies and procedures.
- Systematically evaluates activities for their effectiveness and makes changes accordingly in an effort to present developmentally appropriate, relevant material to participants.
- Reviews accounts weekly and coordinates printing statements for parents in an effort to keep all accounts current.
- Reviews budget actual to ensure income and expenses are in line with approved terms.
- Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with parents. Engages parents during pick up and drop off.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Leads monthly staff meetings with direct reports to include a review of policies and procedures and current topics of interest.
- Assists in the Annual Campaign responsibilities assigned to the Child Care Department.
Interested Candidates should contact Carol Tanrath by email.
- Child Development Associate Credential or Better.
- Effective communication skills.
- Satisfactory Bright From the Start Fingerprint Letter.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of
- Fire Safety Training within the first 90 days of hire date.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships
with people from different backgrounds.