Habersham YMCA - Lifeguard
Job Type: Seasonal
Category: Part Time
6400 Habersham St
Savannah, GA 31405
The Lifeguard is responsible for insuring the safety of pool patrons at all times and providing front line monitoring of the program participants. In addition, every position in the YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Inc is responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the four pillars of character - caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Checking pool chemicals to assure they are safe and at acceptable levels.
- To anticipate and prevent problems and accidents in and around the pool.
- To maintain current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and lifeguard certifications.
- Monitoring the pool and pool patrons for signs of distress and responding appropriately to ensure the safety of the patrons.
- Maintenance and upkeep of pump, filtration, heat and sanitizing systems.
- Maintain general requirements of pool operations and upkeep (i.e., heating, chemical safety).
- Assist in the overall retention and satisfaction of YMCA members through appropriate customer service.
- Assist in the annual Priceless Gifts fundraising program for the YMCA.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude with staff, parents and children.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sound working knowledge of pool operations.
- Ability to supervise and lead multiple part-time staff.
- Foster positive staff, parent and child relation.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain authorization to work with children under the Georgia Department of Labor and YMCA guidelines
Interested candidates, please email resume to Mallory O'Hara or call 912.354.6223