Richmond Hill YMCA - Welcome Center Staff(Evenings)
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Part Time
Richmond Hill YMCA
154 Thunderbird Dr
Richmond Hill, GA 31324
The Richmond Hill YMCA is looking to hire staff for our evening shift. There will be other evening shifts however, this position will be responsible for the following shifts:
Monday - Thursday 4:00PM-9:00PM, and the occasional Saturday.
The Front Desk Attendant is responsible for welcoming members and guests into the facility, for answering and transferring calls, for communicating policy and program information to visitors at the desk and receipting program payments. In addition, every position in the YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Inc is responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the four pillars of character - caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Inspect the facility to ensure program participant safety and service.
- Properly report any facility or equipment issues.
- Give tours to prospective members.
- Accurately register memberships for new and returning members including proper accounting of bank draft and or invoice memberships.
- Accurately report and record membership changes as required.
- Answer questions about all YMCA programs and activities by phone or in person.
- Receive money, write receipts for program fees and membership, and balance the deposit at the end of the designated shift.
- Provide security by verifying memberships of program participants entering the facility.
- Register participants for programs and make reservations for facilities as necessary.
- Open and/or secure building at the open/close of business as necessary.
- Assist in the overall retention and satisfaction of YMCA members through appropriate customer service.
- Assist in the Annual Campaign fundraising program for the YMCA.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude with staff, parents and children.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sound working knowledge of customer service skills.
- Ability to work positively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to foster positive staff, peer and program participant relationships.
- Ability to provide accurate YMCA program information.
- Must possess excellent phone skills using multiple phone lines.
- Ability to operate Windows receipting software.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain authorization to work with children under the Georgia Department of Labor and YMCA guidelines
Candidates must be able to multi-task and excellent communication skills.
Basic knowledge of computers is required.
Candidates must possess a high school diploma or GED and be able to pass a Background Check.
Please submit resume AND complete an employment application by presenting to the Richmond Hill YMCA or email to Paige Ulanowski.