Islands Family YMCA - Gym Monitor
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Part Time
Islands Family YMCA
66 Johnny Mercer Blvd
Savannah, GA 31410
Job Title: Adult Gym Monitor Branch: Islands Family YMCA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part Time Department: Sports/Teens
Reports to: Sports and Teens Coordinator Revision Date: February 15, 2018
Under the general direction of the Program Coordinator or Director for - Sports, in cooperation with other staff, and consistent with the Christian Mission, the Gym Monitor will be responsible for monitoring all Adult Gym activities for members and guests on a daily basis. General duties include the enforcement of all YMCA operating policies and procedures as well as ensuring a positive environment for members in all assigned areas.
- Development of strong interpersonal relationships with all members, participants and staff
- Continually serve as a resource for member questions, concerns or needs.
- Ensure ongoing communication with membership services.
- In accordance with the Mission and Philosophies of the YMCA, ensure the enforcement of established YMCA operating policies and procedures, guidelines for safe play and YMCA Code Of Conduct and Policies
- Effectively monitor the Adult Gym ensuring proper play during games and other activities as assigned which include but are not limited to monitoring the entrances and exits to the facility and ensuring all participants are members or registered guests of members
- Ongoing monitoring of all members/guest conduct
- Ensure on-going cleanliness of facility and equipment.
The YMCA of Coastal Georgia is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our purpose and mission. We do this by putting the Christian principles of respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice. The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Y seeks to strengthen communities through daily commitment to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. When you work at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change in people’s lives.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required
- Valid CPR/AED certification
- Two years Customer Service experience
- Two years Security experience in a membership based organization or similar environment
- Security experience is strongly preferred
- Sports specific background preferred but not necessary
- Strong interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Must comply with the Basic Safety Series in accordance with the Quality Standards.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate management techniques
- Ability to confidently enforce gym and membership rules and regulations
- Active participation in healthful lifestyle habits and strong character values
- A fundamental understanding of the YMCA philosophy and practices.
- Highly motivated, creative, mission-driven professional.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain authorization to work with children under the Georgia Department of Labor and YMCA guidelines
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, carry, lift, move as necessary