Statesboro YMCA - Dance Instructors
Category: Part Time
429 Clairborne Ave
Statesboro, GA 30458
As a Dance Instructor, you will proactively manage the membership experience by interacting positively with members, staff, and guests. The Dance instructor will also be leading classes and promoting positive participant experiences in a safe environment. We are looking for a variety of classes and styles to offer at our newest location.
- warmly and enthusiastically greet members with a smile and eye contact.
- personalize relationships with members by introducing yourself by name before each class.
- take a moment to welcome new members to your class, make them feel comfortable and let them know they have any questions after class you would love to talk with them.
- ask the members to introduce themselves to the person standing to the left/right of them, or in front of them.
- make a point in remembering members’ names.
- come up with creative ways to keep your members coming back to your class.
- be the best you can be, keep participation up, make the member excited to be taking your class.
- be passionate about what you do….it’s contagious!
- Arrive 5 minutes before class in order to prepare class setting.
- Be courteous with ending your class a few minutes early.
- Bbegin class on time.
- Use the pronoun “we” and not “they” or “I”.
- Secure your class and set goals for class participation and growth.
- Personalize your class.
- Follow up with regular class members who have been absent.
- Actively be involved with problem-solving.
- Find a sub for your class when needed, both you and the sub are to inform the Wellness Director of substitution.
- Record attendance (# of people in your class).
- Meet with your supervisor two times a year for evaluation of performance and goal accountability.
- a High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- active participation in healthful lifestyle habits and strong character values.
- appropriate certification for format that is taught.
- specific certification(s) as may be required for specialized instruction/classes
- highly motivated, creative, mission-driven professional.
- must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain authorization to work with children under the Georgia Department of Labor and YMCA guidelines
- Certification in areas of expertise.
Interested candidates should email their resume, including a list of classes or styles they teach to Krystal McGee.