Golden Isles H.I.I.T. Instructor
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Part Time
Golden Isles YMCA
144 Scranton Connector
Brunswick, GA 31525
The Golden Isles YMCA is looking for a part time H.I.I.T. Instructor with CrossFit level 1 certification with morning or evening availability. The YMCA H.I.I.T. instructor will be leading H.I.I.T. and Functional Strength classes while promoting a positive participant experience in a safe environment.
- Lead and instruct groups through a variety of workouts and exercises designed with high intensity interval training and functional strength principles.
- Create a high energy class designed to attract and retain members and participants.
- Provide exercise routines and moves designed to maximize fitness achievement while maintaining safe practices and techniques.
- Have a positive Y experience impact on members and participants
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
The Y seeks to strengthen communities through daily commitment to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. When you work at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change in people's lives.
- Arrive 5 minutes before class in order to prepare class setting and begin class on time.
- Secure your class and set goals for class participation and growth.
- Follow up with regular class members who have been absent.
- Actively be involved with problem solving.
- Find a sub for your class when needed. Both you and the sub are to inform the Wellness Director of substitution.
- Record attendance (# of people in your class).
- Meet with your supervisor two times a year for evaluation of performance and goal accountability.
All YMCA of Coastal GA Instructor positions come with a free membership for the staff member and a reduced rate membership for their family. Discounts are also provided for staff members on childcare, youth sports, and most other branch programs.
To apply please email your resume to Heather Terry
- H.I.I.T. or functional strength certifications required. (For example: CrossFit Level 1, ACE, etc..)
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Active participation in healthy lifestyle habits and strong character values.
- Valid CPR/AED certification to instruct.
- Fundamental understanding of the YMCA philosophy and practices.
- Highly motivated, creative, mission-driven professional.
- Must be able to pass a background check and obtain authorization to work with children under the Georgia Department of Labor and YMCA guidelines.
- Certification in areas of expertise.