Statesboro YMCA - Child Watch/MMO Attendant
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Part Time
The ChildWatch / MMO Attendant is responsible for providing care for children ages infant to 6 years old. In addition, every position in the YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Inc is responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the four pillars of character-caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Supervise and interact positively and appropriately with members’ children.
- Ensure that all children have a safe and fun experience.
- Provide general cleaning of toys, equipment and room after every shift.
- Accurately record attendance of children and report to parents’ pertinent information.
- Reporting of safety issues, attendance numbers and general needs of the programs.
- Preventing incidents of child abuse, identifying incidents of abuse, and reacting properly when they occur.
- Assist in the overall retention and satisfaction of YMCA members through appropriate customer service.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude with staff, parents and children.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to foster positive staff, parent and child relations
- Ability to supervise groups of young children.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain authorization to work with children under the Georgia Department of Labor and YMCA guidelines
Interested candidates should send their resume to Krystal McGee.