Tybee Island - Water Aerobics Instructor
Category: Part Time
Tybee Island YMCA
204 5th Street
Tybee Island, GA 31328
The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for teaching group exercise to program participants providing a variety of exercise options for the fitness program. In addition, every position in the YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Inc is responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the four pillars of character - caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Water Aerobics Instructor:
- Availability required for rotational mornings for water aerobic classes offered M-F beginning May 29- August 2017
- 9am-10 am
- Group Exercise Certification and Water-specific certification required
- Pay depends on certification and experience
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Meeting and assessing new members for fitness needs, and providing a safe and effective class and or program to meet those needs.
- Leading group exercise classes with appropriate verbal instructions and clear patterns of movement according to accepted fitness standards and practices.
- Providing instructions for participants on taking their heart rate and when to decrease the intensity of the workout for their safety.
- Arrive early to inspect the class setting for safety and equipment issues and to prepare the classroom for program participants.
- Assist in the overall retention and satisfaction of YMCA members through appropriate customer service.
- Assist in the annual Priceless Gifts fundraising program for the YMCA.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude with staff, peers and program participants.