Tybee Island - Yoga Instructor
Category: Part Time
Tybee Island YMCA
204 5th Street
Tybee Island, GA 31328
- Seeking a yoga instructor to serve as a substitute for existing classes with the potential of having own class for beach yoga, and or other needed classes
- Yoga instructor certification required
- Pay range: $16-21/hour depending on experience
As a Yoga Instructor you will proactively manage the membership experience by interacting positively with members, staff and guests. The Group Exercise instructor will also be leading classes and promoting positive participant experiences in a safe environment.
- warmly and enthusiastically greet members with a smile and eye contact.
- personalize relationships with members by introducing yourself by name before each class.
- take a moment to welcome new members to your class, make them feel comfortable and let them know they have any questions after class you would love to talk with them.
- ask the members to introduce themselves to the person standing to the left/right of them, or in front of them.
- make a point in remembering members’ names.
- come up with creative ways to keep your members coming back to your class.
- be the best you can be, keep participation up, make the member excited to be taking your class.
- be passionate about what you do….it’s contagious!
- visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- active participation in healthful lifestyle habits and strong character values.
- appropriate certification of expertise
- specific certification(s) as may be required for specialized instruction/classes.
- valid CPR/AED certification to instruct.
- a fundamental understanding of the YMCA philosophy and practices.
- highly motivated, creative, mission-driven professional.
- must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain authorization to work with children under the Georgia Department of Labor and YMCA guidelines
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Sarah Chambers email@example.com