Habersham YMCA - Swim Instructor
Job Type: Seasonal
Category: Part Time
6400 Habersham St
Savannah, GA 31405
The Swim Instructor is responsible for teaching swim lessons using current YMCA guidelines. Daily functions include instructing program participants in aquatic skills. In addition, every position in the YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Inc is responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the four pillars of character - caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- To teach program participants how to swim.
- To complete and distribute midterm reports, report cards and progress reports.
- To write lesson plans for swim lessons.
- To maintain a small amount of paperwork.
- To assist lifeguards as needed in emergency situations.
- Assist in the overall retention and satisfaction of YMCA members through appropriate customer service.
- Assist in the annual Priceless Gifts fundraising program for the YMCA.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude with staff, parents and children.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sound working knowledge of aquatic instruction principles.
- Ability to develop and implement daily lesson plans.
- Ability to foster positive staff, parent and child relations.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain authorization to work with children under the Georgia Department of Labor and YMCA guidelines
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required within 30 days of employment:
- First Aid Certification,
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification,
- Blood borne Pathogen training.
- YMCA Fundamentals of Teaching YMCA Swim Lessons
- YMCA Lifeguard certification
- YMCA Aquatics Safety certification
- YMCA Certifications for Parent/Child Instructor or Preschool Instructor / Youth / Adult
Interested candidates should email their resume to Mallory O'Hara or call 912.354.6223