The Sports Coordinator is responsible for the daily operation for all Sports programming (Youth and Adult), summer Sports Camp programs and assisting the Day Camp Director at the Islands Family YMCA. Daily functions include supervising and managing program operations. In addition, every position in the YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Inc is responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the four pillars of character - caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Develop and implement sports programs for youth and adults including Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Volleyball, Pickleball, Champions Program and other programs deemed beneficial to YMCA participants.
- Serve as an assistant Day Camp Director, working with the Child Care and Day Camp Program Director to ensure a safe, fun and high quality program.
- Develop and implement summer Sports Camps offerings.
- Supervision of part time program staff to ensure program quality and effective program delivery.
- Fiscal management of all programs to achieve program and budgetary goals.
- Provide effective marketing of programs to community to ensure participation.
- Recruit, develop and train volunteers to provide effective program delivery.
- Maintain and oversee physical grounds for program areas including fields and gyms to ensure program quality.
- Assist in the overall retention and satisfaction of YMCA members through appropriate customer service.
- Actively secure pledges and serve as a leader in the Annual Fund Campaign program for the YMCA.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude with staff, peers and program participants.
The Program coordinator is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.